The Multi-User, Multi-Workstation Accounting Department quandary.
In another post I was imagining unusual ways a multi-user, multiple company accounting concept could be accidentally put in play. I lay out one possible solution here.
The real-time speed requirements for a multi-user accounting department are successfully met by transitioning your company to a Cloud Accounting Solution.
The Cloud is a great way for SumCompanyUSA, Inc. to do the accounting of several other companies, but they must:
- Calculate the Cloud Accounting Multi-User fees
- Multiply that by the number of client companies they handle.
The good news is cloud accounting prices have been ‘slashed’, giving SumCompanyUSA a much more favorable ROI than before.
Before the ‘slashing’ occurred I was testing a PC Application version priced only for a LAN which was about $175 a user.
What it did NOT do was what Terminal Services, LogMeIn, TeamViewer, etc, do; give access to the PC’s Desktop as a User
- I’m overestimating here; This Applications needs an i7 with 12gb ram.
- The PC Server OS can be Windows 7, 8, 10 or XP and Windows Server 2003 to 2016
- 5 Accounting people are setup as Remote Users at the same location.
- A User clicking on a “Special” Desktop Icon would actually Open an individual Accounting Software Window on their own PC Desktop from the Isolated PC, which would be transparent to the User.
- Multiple Users working on Multiple Companies Simultaneously in Real Time on the same Isolated PC would allow SumCompanyUSA to securely handle 100+ company accounts ‘Inside Their Office’, like an On-premises Cloud
- Would it be totally safe from viruses, or settings tampering and No User would ever have administrative control of any files? I didn’t complete my evaluation, but the separation of human user from company data with this PC Application installed only on the Isolated Accounting PC, MS Office PC, etc. added a Protection Layer that I found compelling.